phyphilo

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Twin Peaks

I have always had the urge to share this with some one, at least, one of my friends, Daniel C. He’s the only person who knw wat was I posted on MSN personal tag line, “Who stl remember Laura Palmer & Twin Peaks?”
I found this imported O.S. of ‘TWIN PEAKS’ on my sis’s CD rack. I was like, Wow!!! My 2nd-sis is the only 1/’000 of M’sian who still strongly support original CD. She said she got it from the BORDERS after a decade of searching.
I downloaded the whole album to Daniel’s CREΔTIVE, however, slightly disappointed whn he msg me aftr an hour saying that he couldn’t play the tracks due to some sorta copyright. hai.............

What were you watched during the days before Astro, Metro Vision, NTV7, VCD, Internet, DVD, LD, 8TV, MP4, before the pirated stuff? Did your mom rent videotape? The only childhood rental videotape that I remember is “Prof.IQ”; I.Q. 博士 (小雲同小吉好重要。。。豬仔來啦。。。) If u’re lucky enuf, ur parents might bring u to cinema, once in awhile.

Anyway, I guess most of you (born in the late 70’s & early 80’s) would not miss out the American TV series that shown on RTM2 & TV3.

Do u remember,
  • Mr.T in “A-Team”?
  • David Hasselholf in “Knight Rider”?
  • The murder case of Laura Palmer, F.B.I. Agent Cooper, etc. in “Twin Peaks”? …

& Later on, early & late 90’s, “Beverly Hills 90210”, “Baywatch” , “The X-files” , “F.R.I.E.N.D.S” ... & my favourite sitcom; The Nanny .

Laura Palmer’s Theme is probably my favourite instrumental music from the O.S. before "Forest Gump" and "Love Letter" (情書). ‘Falling’ (Twin Peaks’ theme song); this heartfelt lament to Laura’s death can real melt my heart whenever I hear it…

Falling
Lyrics: David Lynch
Music: Angelo Badalamenti

Don’t let yourself be hurt this time
Don’t let yourself be hurt this time

Then I saw your face
Then I saw your smile

The sky is still blue
The clouds come and go
Yet something is different
Are we falling in love?

Don’t let yourself be hurt this time
Don’t let yourself be hurt this time

Then your kiss so soft
Then your touch so warm

The stars still shine bright
The mountains still high
Yet something is different
Are we falling in love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home