phyphilo

Friday, January 06, 2006

Mainstream

I’m kinda serious irritable & impatient person. Somehow, in spite of oneself, I’ll do somethg tat I’m not suppose to do, I nvr regret though. Impetuously get the sudden desire done isn’t bad, as long as I enjoy the journey and treasure up the experience I gained. Anyway, I do hav strong diligences tat lead me patiently towards my goal. It started since 2yrs ago, stl on-going so well.

In the middle of the night, a small conflict between me and one of the persons, who cares and loves me so much, lets jst name ’X’. X supports me all the way. Tonight, I finally realize, X is a spoiler, all the while, X treats me as a spoil child, and giving all the happiness, I want, regardless to the reason and results. I felt thankful but I’m not glad. How could you support without knowing the goal that I aim for? I knw wat I’m doin now, so do you.
I knw I’m doin somethg out of the mainstream that none of the ppl out thr could evr un. Look down at me/ praise/ support/ as u wish/ silly/ wasting time/……all kinda words that ppl tell me. Hmmm…these are all their assumptions. Stl remmbr, a buddy say; ASSUME=Ass+U+Me. So, nvr assume what ppl say, let them talk as they wish, direct or indirect meaning; only they could tell. It does not affect my mindset.

This linkage suddenly pops out;

Wat’s ur fav local TV programme? I dun hav. again I say I’m impatient. I can’t sit stilly to watch any TV program until end show. I did it for the 1st time 1mth ago, a local progrm called ‘Journey with Jason’, and the guest of that episode was Oh Ei Sun. He is such a gifted intellectual. He gets 3-bachelor degree before age of 19. Wow! Throughout the entire interview session, he talks about his success, failure, and thoughts…

He says: ‘if the way you act is out of the mainstream, it is hard for one to survive in M’sian society. ‘
It is true. As he mentions, Asian prefer to work in-group, but somehow, it’s difficult for one to remain humanity and honesty while working wt the ‘mainstream’ ppl. Sometime, you have to praise on what is not worth being praised; similarly, you have to critic on what u thk it’s above average in order to please someone (because of personnel matters). I think I get all his hidden meanings throughout the whole interview conversation. Why didn’t he join UMS before I left? It must be great to have a thoughtful lecturer. He reminded me of every precious word that Dr. Michael T. told me.

There are many routes to success.

  • Are you enthusing to ur job? Laziness makes some ‘mainstream ppl’ pass every routine 8 hours. Everything is ‘happy-go-lucky’. Lazy to change, lazy to think, lazy to challenge, lazy to learn, lazy to improve, gaining $ but losing intelligent.
  • Why should we keep the ‘stumbling block’ to narrow ourselves?
  • Why do we follow?
  • Why don’t we accept critics and improve ourselves? (Instead of making superficial assumptions abt other ppl?)

Pride makes us blindly lie to oneself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home